Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break



I can remember my mom dreading our school breaks and it wasn't until this week that I got why. I wasn't prepared for Spring break. The kids were going crazy. Austin didn't stop asking to see Mrs. Maren till Thursday and Kenzie didn't even ask about Mrs. Partridge (hm? I think she was looking forward to the break---even as a pre-kindergartner). Since we are not in our normal schedule the kids have been acting up (I suppose they are trying to find things to do or just trying to find new ways to push mom's buttons). It wasn't until Thursday night that I decided to get my kids their favorite things....crafts. We spent an hour at Michael's picking out the perfect project and more hours of fun during the past 2 days. Could this be a foreshadowing of what summer will be like? I need to find some activities for the kids this summer---something indoors! Once summer hits....NOBODY plays outside...unless it's in a pool. I'm thinking that a dance or gymnastics class would be a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment