Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Visit to Jeremiah at Work

We went to visit Jeremiah on a job last week that required a crane, and not just any crane, the big one. So, I thought it would be fun to see. It was actually one of the scariest job's I've seen him do. The job was to remove a 45 foot tall silver oak tree from the back yard that was near two structures and power lines. This is a picture of Jeremiah being lifted by the crane (whenever I see the crane operator do this to him, he reminds me of Peter Pan, flying in the sky) This is a bad picture, the sun was constantly in my background messing up my pictures.
Makenzie is practicing her climbing/modeling skills. This is where we waited in safety during the tree removal (WAY across the street).
I don't believe that this picture gives the removal justice. This is a picture of the crane dangling a 4-5,000 pound tree over a house (in fact, it's the guy in the green shirt that's barely in the pictures home). I was surprised that Jeremiah cut such a large piece first.

This is a shot from the backyard. I think this was the third cut.



This is Jeremiah prepping for the last and final cut. The crane loaded this huge log directly into the trailer. This saves us a lot of time. We used the crane to take out two trees on this project and it took about an hour and a half. Of course, clean up took longer, but he's a true professional.




1 comment: